🎯 你常常不知道怎麼用英文約朋友嗎?
說 "Do you want to go out?" 又太死板?別擔心,這集完整教你怎麼用最自然的英文邀約、約時間、地點,還能順便聊聊週末計劃!
📍本集重點內容:
・Any plans this weekend? 自然開場寒暄
・Want to go together? 輕鬆開口邀人
・[Time] works better for me. 表達自己方便時間
・How about we meet at…? 安排見面時間與地點
・實用片語&單字:exhibit, downtown, check out, grab, across from
Liam and Zoe are chatting after class. They’re trying to make plans for the weekend.
Liam 和 Zoe 下課後聊天,正在討論週末要不要一起出門。
Dialogue 對話
(Liam = L;Zoe = Z)
L: Hey Zoe, any plans this weekend?
L:嘿,Zoe,這週末有什麼計劃嗎?
Z: Not yet. I was thinking of checking out that new art exhibit downtown.
Z:還沒有。我在想要不要去市中心看看那個新的藝術展。
L: Oh yeah? I’ve heard good things about it. Want to go together?
L:喔是喔?我聽說那個展很好耶。要一起去嗎?
Z: Sure! Saturday or Sunday?
Z:好啊!星期六還是星期天?
L: Saturday works better for me. Maybe in the afternoon?
L:我比較適合星期六。下午去如何?
Z: Sounds good. How about we meet at 2:30 near the station?
Z:聽起來不錯。我們兩點半在車站附近碰面如何?
L: Perfect. Want to grab coffee afterward?
L:太好了。之後要不要去喝咖啡?
Z: Absolutely. There’s a cute café right across from the museum.
Z:當然好啊。展覽館對面有一家可愛的咖啡廳喔。
L: Awesome. I’ll text you the details later.
L:太棒了。我等一下把詳細資訊傳給你。
Z: Cool. Looking forward to it!
Z:讚耶,期待那天!
🔑 Vocabulary 重點單字
1. exhibit n. 展覽
We visited an art exhibit on modern photography.
我們去看了一個現代攝影的展覽。
2. downtown adv./adj. 市中心的;在市中心
The gallery is located downtown.
那間畫廊在市中心。
3. check out phr. 去看看、去瞧瞧
Let’s check out the new bookstore this weekend.
這週末我們去新書店看看吧。
4. grab v. 匆忙地吃、喝;快速取得
Let’s grab a quick lunch before the movie.
我們看電影前來吃個快速午餐吧。
5. across from phr. 在…對面
The restaurant is right across from the park.
那家餐廳就在公園對面。
💬 Useful Phrases 學習焦點
1. Any plans this weekend?
這週末有什麼計畫嗎?(開場寒暄+邀約引導)
2. Want to go together?
要不要一起去?(自然邀請對方)
3. [Day/Time] works better for me.
某個時間對我比較方便
例:Sunday morning works better for me.
4. How about we meet at…?
我們幾點/在哪裡見如何?(安排見面)
J: Welcome, welcome. So glad you could join us today.
J: 歡迎、歡迎。非常高興你今天能加入我們。
J: We're going to tackle something, um, really practical, something we all do, making plans for the weekend.
J: 我們今天要探討一個非常實用的主題,也是大家都會做的事──週末計畫的安排。
J: I definitely remember when I was, you know, learning another language, just trying to ask someone to hang out felt, well, awkward.
J: 我清楚記得當我還在學習另一種語言的時候,想要邀人出去玩時總是覺得,有點尷尬。
J: Like, am I being too pushy? Is this weird?
J: 會想:「我是不是太強勢了?這樣會不會很奇怪?」
J: So today we want to give you some really useful tools, kind of a shortcut, really, to sound natural and confident when you're chatting about your free time in English.
J: 所以今天我們想提供給你一些非常實用的工具,就像捷徑一樣,幫助你在用英文談論空閒時間時,聽起來自然又自信。
M: We're going to look at a simple, everyday chat and pull out the key bits you can use yourself.
M: 我們將會看一段簡單的日常對話,並從中挑出幾個你可以馬上使用的重點片段。
M: It's between two friends, Liam and Zoe, and they're just figuring out weekend plans.
M: 對話發生在兩位朋友 Liam 和 Zoe 之間,他們正在討論週末行程。
M: Super typical situation.
M: 這是非常典型的場景。
J: Okay, here are Liam and Zoe.
J: 好,現在是 Liam 和 Zoe 的對話。
Liam and Zoe are chatting after class. They’re trying to make plans for the weekend.
Liam 和 Zoe 下課後聊天,正在討論週末要不要一起出門。
Dialogue 對話
(Liam = L;Zoe = Z)
L: Hey Zoe, any plans this weekend?
嘿,Zoe,這週末有什麼計劃嗎?
Z: Not yet. I was thinking of checking out that new art exhibit downtown.
還沒有耶。我在想要不要去市中心看那個新的藝術展。
L: Oh yeah? I’ve heard good things about it. Want to go together?
喔真的嗎?我有聽說那個展覽不錯。要不要一起去?
Z: Sure! Saturday or Sunday?
好啊!星期六還是星期日?
L: Saturday works better for me. Maybe in the afternoon?
我星期六比較方便。下午去如何?
Z: Sounds good. How about we meet at 2:30 near the station?
聽起來不錯。我們兩點半在車站附近見面好嗎?
L: Perfect. Want to grab coffee afterward?
太好了。看完要不要去喝咖啡?
Z: Absolutely. There’s a cute café right across from the museum.
當然好啊。博物館對面有一家很可愛的咖啡廳。
L: Awesome. I’ll text you the details later.
太棒了。我等一下再傳細節給你。
Z: Cool. Looking forward to it!
好耶~期待囉!
M: Pretty smooth, right? Very natural.
M: 非常順暢,自然。
J: So now, let's, uh, go back through it.
J: 現在,讓我們回過頭再看一次。
J: We'll point out some really handy phrases you can basically start using straight away.
J: 我們會指出一些超實用的片語,你幾乎可以立刻開始應用
M: Right. This is where we dig a little deeper than just the words.
M: 沒錯,這就是我們要深入探討的地方,不僅僅是字詞而已。
M: We'll look at the "why" behind the phrases, the sort of, um, strategy involved in sounding natural.
M: 我們要看看這些片語背後的「為什麼」,以及讓對話聽起來自然的策略。
J: Okay, first up, Liam's opening. "Hey Zoe, any plans this weekend?"
J: 好,首先是 Liam 的開場:「嘿 Zoe,這週末有什麼計畫嗎?」
J: What's so good about this? Well, it's casual, it's friendly, and it just opens the door, doesn't it?
J: 這句有什麼優點?它很隨性、友好,而且只是輕輕地開啟話題,不是嗎?
M: "Any plans this weekend" is like a perfect conversation starter for this.
M: 沒錯,「Any plans this weekend」就是完美的開場白。
M: It's not as direct as "Are you free?" which can sometimes feel a bit intense.
M: 它不像「Are you free?(你有空嗎?)」那麼直接,後者有時候會顯得太強硬。
M: This way, you're inviting them to share rather than just asking for a "yes or no".
M: 這樣說是邀請對方分享,而不是直接要求回答「是」或「否」。
M: It's polite, it's open-ended. If they're busy, they can easily say something vague.
M: 它禮貌、開放式。對方如果有事,可以輕鬆地給出模糊的回應。
M: If they're free, it leads right into making a plan.
M: 如果有空,就能順勢進入計畫討論。
M: It really answers that question. How do you start this kind of chat without putting someone on the spot? That phrase is a great way.
M: 這句話正好解決這個問題:如何以不讓人措手不及的方式開啟對話?這個片語就是絕佳解答。
J: Totally agree. And then, after Zoe mentions the art exhibit, Liam jumps in with, "Want to go together?"
J: 完全同意。接著,當 Zoe 提到藝術展時,Liam 接著說:「Want to go together?(想一起去嗎?)」
J: I mean, how simple that is. "Want to go together?" So direct, so clear.
J: 真是非常簡單嘛,「Want to go together?」既直接又明確。
M: And that simplicity is why it's so useful. It's crystal clear.
M: 這種簡單性正是它的優點,非常明白易懂。
M: You can use it for almost anything casual, a movie, a walk, coffee. "Want to go together?"
M: 你幾乎可以用在任何休閒活動:看電影、散步、喝咖啡,「Want to go together?」就很合適。
M: It just gets straight to the point. It feels collaborative, you know?
M: 它直接切入重點,聽起來充滿合作感,對吧?
M: Like, "Hey, let's do this thing as a team." It keeps it light.
M: 就像在說「我們一起來做這件事吧」,語氣輕鬆。
J: Right. They need to figure out the timing. Liam says, "Saturday works better for me, maybe in the afternoon."
J: 沒錯,他們接著要確認時間。Liam 說:「Saturday works better for me, maybe in the afternoon.(週六對我來說比較方便,可能下午去。)」
J: Okay, that phrase "works better for me." That's gold, pure gold.
J: 好,這裡的「works better for me(對我來說更合適)」是關鍵片語,真是金句。
J: It's how you state your preference without sounding like you're making demands.
J: 它讓你表達偏好卻不顯得強勢。
J: You can adapt it easily, right? "Sunday morning works better for me," or, "Actually, next week works better for me."
J: 你可以輕鬆調整,例如「Sunday morning works better for me(週日上午較方便)」或「Actually, next week works better for me(其實下週對我更合適)」。
M: Yeah. Think of "works better for me" as like gentle negotiation.
M: 沒錯,把「works better for me」當作一種溫和的協商方式。
M: You're stating your preference, but the phrasing is soft.
M: 你在表達自己的偏好,但語氣很柔和。
M: It's about what suits you personally, rather than saying, "We must do it then."
M: 它關注的是「對我來說最適合」,而不是「我們必須在那時候做」。
M: It invites the other person to consider it or maybe suggest something else if it doesn't work for them.
M: 它邀請對方考慮,或如果不行,也可以提出替代意見。
M: It keeps things collaborative. It helps you manage your own schedule while still being considerate.
M: 它維持了合作氛圍,讓你在照顧對方的同時也兼顧自己的時間。
M: It's really useful for finding that time that suits everyone.
M: 這對於找出大家都方便的時間非常有幫助。
J: Definitely. And the last key phrase here for nailing down the details is Zoe's suggestion,
J: 沒錯。最後一個關鍵片語就是 Zoe 的建議,
J: "How about we meet at 2:30 near the station?"
J: 「How about we meet at 2:30 near the station?(我們週六下午2:30在車站附近見面如何?)」。
J: "How about we meet at…" That's your go-to phrase for suggesting the actual time and place.
J: 「How about we meet at…」就是你在建議具體時間地點時的首選片語。
M: Yes. "How about we meet at…" It's super common because it's a suggestion, not an order.
M: 沒錯。「How about we meet at…」非常通用,因為它是提議而非命令。
J: Okay, so those are some key phrases.
J: 好,這些就是幾個重點片語。
J: But what about the specific words Liam and Zoe used?
J: 那麼 Liam 和 Zoe 使用的一些單字呢?
J: Let's zoom in on a few vocabulary items that will really help you talk about plans.
J: 讓我們聚焦幾個對談論計畫非常有幫助的詞彙。
M: Yeah. These words add a bit more detail and, um, just help you sound more natural when you're describing things or making suggestions.
M: 沒錯。這些詞會增加細節,也幫助你的表達更加自然,無論是在描述事物還是提出建議時。
J: Let's start with "exhibit." E X H I B I T. Zoe mentions the art exhibit downtown.
J: 先從「exhibit(展覽)」開始拼讀:E X H I B I T。Zoe 提到市中心的藝術展。
J: So an exhibit is basically a public display, right? Like art or history stuff, often something special or temporary.
J: 「exhibit」基本上就是公開展示,例如藝術或歷史展覽,通常是特別或臨時性的。
M: Exactly. It's usually a collection of things put together for people to see.
M: 沒錯,通常是一系列為人們觀賞而集合起來的展品。
M: You might talk about a photography exhibit or a science exhibit at a museum.
M: 你可以說展覽館的「 photography exhibit(攝影展)」或「science exhibit(科學展)」。
J: Got it. Next, "downtown." D O W N T O W N. The exhibit is downtown.
J: 好的。接下來是「downtown(市中心)」,拼寫:D O W N T O W N。展覽就在市中心。
M: Yeah. This usually means the main, central part of a city or town, you know, the busy bit with shops, offices, big theaters.
M: 沒錯,這通常指城市或城鎮的主要核心區域,有許多商店、辦公室和大型劇院的繁華地帶。
M: You can use it as a location like, "Let's go downtown," or to describe the area, like, "the downtown restaurants."
M: 你可以用「Let's go downtown(我們去市中心吧)」來指地點,或說「the downtown restaurants(市中心的餐廳)」來描述區域。
M: It usually implies a lively, central area, often where the main attractions are.
M: 它通常暗示一個熱鬧的核心地帶,往往是主要景點所在。
M: It's a super common word.
M: 這個單字非常常用。
J: Okay, then there's that great casual phrase, "check out." C H E C K O U T.
J: 接著是那個很實用的隨性片語「check out(去看看)」:C H E C K O U T。
J: Zoe was thinking of checking out the exhibit.
J: Zoe 想去看看那個展覽。
J: This is just a really relaxed way to say you want to go see something or maybe investigate something new and interesting.
J: 這是非常輕鬆的說法,表示你想去看看某件事物,或探索一些新鮮有趣的東西。
M: Yeah, "check out" is very friendly and informal.
M: 對,「check out」聽起來很親切、非正式。
M: "Let's check out that new cafe," or, "Did you check out that band?"
M: 「Let's check out that new cafe(我們去看看那家新開的咖啡館吧)」,或是「Did you check out that band?(你有去聽那個樂團嗎?)」。
M: It sounds much more casual than saying, "Let's examine or investigate."
M: 比起說「Let's examine」或「investigate」,它聽起來親切多了。
M: It just means you want to go see what something is like, often out of curiosity.
M: 它只是表示你出於好奇想去看看某樣東西。
J: Love that one.
J: 我超愛這個片語。
J: Then we have "grab." G R A B. Liam asks, "Want to grab coffee afterward?"
J: 接著是「grab(拿取、順便做)」,拼寫:G R A B。Liam 問「Want to grab coffee afterward?(之後想順便喝杯咖啡嗎?)」。
J: Now, obviously, he doesn't mean physically grab it.
J: 當然,他不是指真的去抓咖啡。
J: In this context, "grab" means to get something quickly and informally, like "grab a bite to eat" or "grab a coffee."
J: 在此語境中,「grab」表示快速、隨意地去吃點東西或喝杯咖啡。
M: Exactly. It implies speed and ease.
M: 沒錯,它暗示快速且輕鬆。
M: "Let's grab lunch" suggests something quick and casual, not a long, formal meal.
M: 「Let's grab lunch(我們去吃點東西吧)」指的是快速、隨性的用餐,而非正式的長餐。
M: Or, "I need to grab some milk on the way home."
M: 或者「I need to grab some milk on the way home(我回家路上要順便買些牛奶)」。
M: Quick, easy, and informal, very useful.
M: 快速、輕鬆、非正式,非常實用。
J: And finally, "across from," A C R O S S F R O M.
J: 最後是「across from(在…對面)」:A C R O S S F R O M。
J: Zoe says the cafe is right across from the museum.
J: Zoe 說那家咖啡館就在展覽館對面。
J: This tells you the location. It means directly on the opposite side of something, like a street or a park.
J: 這告訴你位置,表示直接在某物(如街道或公園)的對面。
M: Yeah, it's very visual. "The bank is across from the post office."
M: 沒錯,很具畫面感。「The bank is across from the post office(銀行就在郵局對面)。」
M: You can picture it, right? One thing is on one side, the other is directly opposite.
M: 你就能想像,一邊是郵局,另一邊就直接對著它。
M: Simple, clear way to give directions or describe where something is located relative to something else.
M: 這是說明方向或描述相對位置的簡單明瞭方式。
J: Okay. So, we've looked at the flow, the key phrases, some useful words. What does this all mean for you?
J: 好,以上我們看了對話流程、關鍵片語和一些實用詞彙。這對你有什麼意義呢?
J: Well, you've just got a really solid toolkit for handling these everyday situations, making plans for the weekend in English.
J: 你現在已經擁有一套非常穩固的工具,能在日常情境中用英文安排週末計畫。
M: And the best way to make it stick, honestly, it's to try it out.
M: 而要讓它真正為你所用,最好的方法就是嘗試使用它。
M: Maybe think of a friend you could practice with, or even just run through a little conversation in your head using these phrases.
M: 也許找個朋友一起練習,或者在腦中用這些片語練習一段小對話。
M: "Hey, any plans?" "How about we…".
M: 「嘿,有安排嗎?」「我們…如何?」。
J: That really is the key. Practice builds confidence.
J: 這才是關鍵。練習能建立自信。
J: Even these simple conversations are huge for activating your English.
J: 就連這些簡單的對話,都能大大啟動你的英語運用能力。
J: These tools we've talked about, they let you communicate practically in the real world.
J: 我們提到的這些工具,能讓你在真實世界中實際溝通。
M: So maybe this raises a question for you. How can you start using this stuff right away?
M: 所以,可能會衍生一個問題:你如何馬上開始應用這些內容?
M: Could you think about your own weekend?
M: 你可以想想自己的週末行程嗎?
M: Maybe mentally draft a text message or a quick chat using "works better for me" or "check out"?
M: 也許在心裡草擬一則訊息或對話,用到「works better for me」或「check out」?
M: Language learning clicks when you actually use the language.
M: 語言學習只有在真正使用時才會有所突破。
M: So here's a little challenge maybe. Think about your upcoming weekend.
M: 那麼這裡有個小挑戰:想想你接下來的週末。
M: What's one plan, even a small one, you could imagine making using these phrases?
M: 用這些片語,你能想像自己會安排哪個計畫,即使只是小事?
M: Could you use "any plans this weekend"? Or, "how about we .."?
M: 你可以試著用「any plans this weekend」或「how about we ..」嗎?
M: Try using just one new phrase or word today. Even just thinking it through helps build that pathway in your brain.
M: 今天就試著使用一個新片語或單字吧。就算只是在腦中模擬,也能在大腦中建立連結。
M: That's how you make progress.
M: 這就是你進步的方式。
M: Thank you so much for joining us for this episode today.
M: 非常感謝你今天參加這一期內容。
M: We really enjoyed breaking this down and we look forward to exploring more English with you next time.
M: 我們非常享受這次的解析,也期待下次與你一起探索更多英語內容。
J: If you’d like the transcript or more info about this episode, please click the link below.
J: 如果你需要本集的逐字稿或更多相關資訊,請點擊下方連結。
M: We hope this discussion was helpful for you. Keep practicing, keep learning, and keep speaking English.
M: 我們希望這次討論對你有幫助。持續練習、持續學習、持續開口說英語。
J: Thanks for tuning in to MJ English and all the best with your learning.
J: 感謝收聽 MJ English,祝你的學習一切順利。